Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Technophile-o-phobe

New technology. Phones in specific. My first reaction to a new phone is usually "OOoooh shiny new toy" which is promptly followed by... "No wait... I can't get rid of my old phone... not when I love it so much" and then there is the guilt, yes actual guilt, of trading in my old phone or switching to a new one.

I am convinced that there is a name for what this is, and also possibly a method of treating it. But I don't really want to find out.

I am happy with my shiny new phone and guiltily steal a glance at my old one tucked into my dresser, and tell myself that it is not a living object and therefore unable to make me feel guilty. But I still can't help that little feeling of niggling doubt when I exchange the comfortable for the new and untried. Switching forms of technology or even switching brands makes me unsure and very cranky until I have it all figured out. So if anyone out there has a good online guide to curing ridiculous misconceptions towards certain phones, please send it over and hope for a miracle :)

No comments: