Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Age is just a number... right?

I have aged. Gone old. Ancient even.
The proof lies in the events of this rainy morning. I got to work, late as usual. I park, get my stuff together and get out, as usual. I lock my car and double check the fact, as usual. And here is where some celestial monkey threw a spanner in the works. As. Usual.

I leave the car and start to walk to my building and the extraordinary happens. I hear a whistle. The wolfy kind. Now, 'back in the day' this would have resulted in one of two reactions from me. Completely ignoring the perpetrator, or a dirty look at a repeat offender. Today was a completely different kettle of fish... (I use it, but never realllllly understood the reason for this saying. Why the hell would anyone put fish in a kettle?)... As I was saying, fishy kettle - because my immediate and first reaction was -"Kids these days!"

Kids ?!?!?!?
What the HELL ???

And this is where epiphany struck. Age has caught up with me. Sigh.
At the ripe old age of 24. Double sigh.

Depression and general gloominess descended and I don't even remember the face of the little perpetrator (I think I like that word - it rolls off the tongue). A conversation with Pumpkin's mummy however, has made me feel better. After talking at great length, we have decided that age is just a number, and your true 'age' as it were, is how old you behave. With that conclusion, I have realized that I am probably 3, 4 at the most, and life is all pretty again.

Ahh, how easy it is to make me happy. :)

2 comments:

Black Swan said...

I'd go with 2 Kimmy ;)

Niamh said...

That is ONLY because you know me so well :)
chocolate cake anyone ?
:P