Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm having an emo day today.

Its been a crazy week, both professionally and personally.

I don't talk about professional here, but the personal deserves a mention.

I have suddenly realized that I have wasted years of my life. Years!
3 years where I have nothing to show for time passing me by, except bruises, regrets, and some serious rage.

You know that moment when you realize you had all these plans? All these places to visit and things to do before you hit this or that particular age?
And that moment that immediately follows when you also realize that you gave up on all these plans, thinking you were just postponing them. Postponing them for the sake of someone who was not worth postponing them for. Someone who disregarded your dreams, your plans, and didn't give it a moment's thought.
Someone who persuaded you to postpone them, knowing full well that they were taking away any chance you might have had, of having those dreams come true.
And didn't give a damn.

I now declare the beginning of the year of ME.

I will travel, I will learn, I will laugh, and maybe, just maybe, I will love too...
But most of all, I will do it all my way.

Because the only thing on my to-do list at the moment, is to start loving me more!



No comments: