Monday, March 10, 2008

A Letter to You...

I like late night conversations. The madness that results the next day from my sleepiness is just an added bonus to someone like me who just appreciates chaos where they can find it. I was told that there was this Greek Goddess who made it her immortal life’s work to cause chaos wherever she could. Now that sounds like the perfect job to me. I cause it even when I am not really trying. Can you just imagine what it would be like if I actually put in any effort?
Again, I digress. I do it all the time. It reinforces my mantra of chaos!
Back to the topic at hand. Late night conversations. I like them. I like having them. With you especially. We talk about everything from existentialism to the reasons for insecurity. From bad coffee to unexpected visitors at 6 a.m.
From embarrassments to crowning glories. Walnuts to Harry potter.
That seems to be the broadest spectrum I have ever come across. For a while at least. I have known you for just a while, however I find it so easy to tell you just about anything that crosses my mind. A friend said it is the rarest thing to find people you can be yourself around. I am glad I can be me around you. I hope you feel the same way. You get me. Mad teapot songs and all. I like that.
Its funny, how knowing someone for years, doesn’t necessarily mean that you can be completely comfortable around them. It might be your best friend. It might be your family. But then there are those few and far betweens, that you can just be around and not have to double check what you are saying. You can just be. Plain and simple.
Just be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW.. That's a good one.. Very emotional (in the sweet sensitive way) considering its comin from you.. ;-)keep guessin..